.

.
.

British/American épicerie in Lyon

Here is a really cool find and Best-Bagels alternative for those of us who crave British/American edibles and stuff. Merci beaucoup for sharing, Michael!

"There is a new small grocery at 12 Blvd des Brotteaux in the 6th called Little Britain. They specialize mostly in British products, of course, but they have some things Americans are fond of too, including the cheapest Dr. Pepper in Lyon (68 cents per can! :-). "

Some of the products available at Little Britain:
  • Rolos candy (and a few other American/British candys line winegums and fruittips)
  • Philidelphia Cream Cheese
  • BBQ sauce
  • Quorn burgers and other Quorn veggie products
  • Veggie frozen foods
  • English novels and puzzle books (but not a huge selection)



9 comments:

Sara said...

Cream cheese! Nomnomnom! :d

michael said...

For those who are not familiar with Quorn products, they make some of the best vegetarian meat-substitute products I have ever had. I have never been much of a meat eater, so I do not know how they compare to the real thing, but quorn's vegetarian burger patties (especially http://www.quorn.co.uk/products/Southern_Style_Burgers.aspx) are awesome, and this is the only place I have seen them in Lyon.

Also, the guy that runs that store has been telling his customers that if there is a British/American product that they have trouble finding in Lyon, he can most likely order it when he does his purchases.

cocopuff1212 said...

Thank you for the info. I'm going to check this store out.

Mark, Kendra, and Evan said...

Oh man, why couldn't this store have been open when I lived there!!? It was so hard being a vegetarian in Lyon!

Ju said...

Do they have Froot Loops? =)

Sara said...

I am excited to check it out soon! I hope they have mushy peas! :D

Dori said...

I went and checked it out today... there were a couple of things on my list. First of all, somebody forgot to mention that they have CHEDDAR!!!! 3 something for a small brick, 12 something for a family sized loaf.

The other thing I was looking for was yellow mustard, there is an english mustard that looks similar to regular american mustard. I haven't had a chance to try it though.

The third thing were graham crackers. When I was researching on line I found that the English equivalent are digestive biscuits. He has them. He says that all the ladies buy it from him to make cheesecake :) He also has brownie mix, chocolate cake mix, cheesecake mix, among others.

Then there were random things that caught my eye, like "I can't believe it's not butter", and a pint of ben and jerry's for 4 something. I also talked to the owner who looked up stuff for me to see if he could get it. He was very helpful. He said he's only been open three weeks and he has been waiting to see what people ask him for most. So don't be shy, ask away...

Ngân Đàm said...

Wow...thanks for the tips, Michael and Dori! I wonder if he has good, affordable black tea.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this tip! I LOVE QUORN and didn't manage to find it anywhere in lyon. can't wait to go for a visit. thanks again!!